It’s really easy to set a goal on Etsy, but breaking that goal down into actionable steps that are simple to complete is important when it comes to actually achieving those goals. Let’s talk about how to reach any goal on Etsy with just a few steps.
1. Define Your Etsy Goals Clearly
Setting a goal that’s just “Get more sales on Etsy” is so vague that you can’t create a strategy around it. So make sure your goals are very specifically defined. I recommend setting a revenue goal instead of a sales goal so your stats are skewed by large orders that require a lot of work.
2. Identify Key Areas of Focus
Once you’ve established your goals, identify the key areas of your Etsy business that will help you reach those goals. If you’re not getting a lot of organic traffic on Etsy for example, that will help you reach your revenue goal a lot quicker than trying to build up your social media platforms from scratch. This step is especially important if your time is limited.
3. Break Down Goals into Smaller Tasks
Now we want to take those areas of focus and break them down into smaller, actionable tasks. For example, “Improve my SEO” might become these tasks:
- Research keywords for my niche to create a list of 10 focus keywords to target
- Analyze my shop statistics to see how I’m currently ranking for those keywords
- Learn how to format my listing tags, titles, and description
- Create a plan to fill my product line in order to rank for those keywords
4. Create a Timeline
Assign realistic timelines to each task. It’s important to remember that being consistent is important. So make sure to plan for how much time you actually have each week in order to avoid overworking and burning out. Listen to this podcast episode to learn more.
5. Get Help to Speed the Process Up
Your goals are easier when you combine strategy, support, and accountability. So after you’ve set your goals, join me in the Seller Collective to get the strategy and accountability you need to be consistent and grow your business.